Friday, April 23, 2010

Drop Your Shells

One of the most difficult concepts for me to grasp: We can do anything, but we can't do everything.


I love this video, among many others, by Rob Bell. It has such an amazing message and I probably should watch it every day until I obtain it's message. When asking a friend, "How are you?" and they often respond with "Good, busy." These two words have become so intertwined, as if we must be "busy" in order to be "good."
Why do we do this to ourselves? What is wrong with having time to enjoy your life, to enjoy the people around you?
I'm sick of it. I'm exhausted. I'm sick of feeling so busy that I want to cry, haha.
It's time to simplify. To prioritize and remember what's truly important. To start saying no because I've already said yes.
Drop your shells!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...