Thursday, May 6, 2010

Goodbye and Thank you.

It is only appropriate that as I come home today and turn on my iTunes, John Mayer’s "Stop This Train" is playing.

"So scared of getting older, I’m only good at being young."

I’m done with college. !?! I just came from my very last class as a senior at Marquette University. For the last three years they have given me an education based on ethics, morality, religion and integrity. I can’t express how grateful I am. I can’t express what it means to me to have a cross in every classroom, reminding me of who I need to be. I can’t express how much I appreciate the teachers that have given me their cell phone and home numbers, that have pushed me to exceed what is good, and truly become great.

It’s such a weird feeling to not know what is next. Some have grad school, the lucky few have a job lined up. Others are in a directed profession such as nursing, teaching, or dental school.

I have my degree in Advertising in the school of Communications.

At this point, I’m not only at a fork in the road, I’m in the middle of a 15 pronged intersection. Direction? Which direction? There are so many?

It’s intimidating. And walking through campus after my last class is nearly heartbreaking. You want to say so much to the professors as you pass, to the students as you all file out, but everything remains silent. In high school we had yearbooks to tell that random person in class that they made each day ten times better. Leaving college, I have no yearbook, I have no words, all I can do is smile and give them a nod, hoping they understand the sentiment behind it.

Thank you Marquette. This is me, forever smiling at you, knowing that you’ll always understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...