Monday, October 25, 2010

Speak Now


I drank the kool-aid.
Among a million other girls, I downloaded the new Taylor Swift CD, Speak Now. I've generally been a Taylor fan from the very beginning - she's kind of just contagious, so I've been anxious to see what she has to share next. And she definitely shared it all.
You have to admire her boldness and slight lack of filter for some of these songs. She's a brave girl for wearing her heart, and every thought on her sleeve, but part of me felt like she should have sent these songs, more-so personal messages, privately through the mail - they are just that specific and intimate.
At first I got annoyed and thought it was immature for her to throw her relationships out to the public and bash half of Hollywood. I was even able to make a game out of listening and guessing which celebrity she was referring to. But I must admit that these songs are growing on me, as I listen to the album for the third time, haha. Music always amazes me that way!

Favorites: Mine, Sparks Fly, Speak Now, Dear John, Mean ...ok I guess I really like this... :)

And no need to guess which celebrities she's singing about, she'll tell you all about it in this interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...