Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Positive, Encouraging...

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

I've never been one for actual resolutions but I usually have a theme in mind to base my life around. 2010 was my year of simplicity - I essentially just had my hands in too many projects and needed to simplify. This year my focuses are Health, Faith, and Balance. Three elements that I'd like to improve upon and that tie together in every way.

I recently discovered K Love, an awesome radio station that plays "positive, encouraging" Christian music. Noww I know what you're thinking, "that's just for crazy religious people that want to sing 'I love Jesus I love Jesus' all day long and inflict their religion on you." No way Jose. It's contemporary music with an undertone of faith, usually promoting a positive, compassionate lifestyle. I listen to it sometimes while I'm driving to and from work, which is over an hour of my day through heavy traffic. Instead of this being a stressful time, I'm relaxed, I'm inspired and uplifted, and I feel closer to the Big Guy in the Sky :). I'll admit that some of the songs are too much for me, but they usually play some of my favorite bands, like The Fray, Needtobreathe, Brandon Heath, The Afters and MercyMe.

Their New Year's promotion is the Winter Jam Resolution, challenging you to listen to nothing but Christian music for an entire month and see how it affects your life. It's so amazing how a simple song can lighten your heart, and the ministry of K Love does this all day long! So I'm rising to the challenge for the month of January, not for the full program but starting with my drive to and from work listening solely to Christian music, namely, K Love. I'm not jumping in entirely because I like to think that God likes to have dance parties too, so I'm saving room for my other jams!
Here's a little taste of what K Love's about:


I want you to join me too! Even if you don't commit to an entire month, check out their website and find a radio station in your area. Give it a listen while you're in the car unwinding from a long day at work, and let me know what you think.

Good luck with your resolutions, let's make 2011 the best year yet!

-

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way with KLOVE. I love most of the songs and some of them make feel like I am a tent revival and people are going to be talking in tongues. That was probably a very un-Christian thing of me to say, but well...it's true, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! It's totally true, that's why I can't commit to the entire month, sometimes you just get freaked out and need to run away.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...