Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Favorite Surprise

My sister, Corey, left for a remote village in Ecuador on June 15th of last year, beginning a 27-month commitment to the Peace Corps. As inspiring as it was to see her go, it was also very heartbreaking for our tight knit family. We speak to each other as often as possible, but with her living in such an impoverished area the opportunities aren't as often as we'd like. I haven't seen her since that emotional moment in the airport last June (yeah, we were that family), and I haven't spoken to her in over a month. If you have a close sister, or anyone close to you in your life, you'll know that that's a long ass time (excuse my language ;) ).
On Friday, Michael made plans for us to pick up a friend at the airport later that night. The flights kept getting delayed later and later, and our poor friend got stranded in Chicago and had to take a very long cab ride up to Wisconsin. I quickly learned that this passenger was not our friend, but my SISTER! I was dumbfounded and speechless for a few hours, and the next morning we helped her surprise our parents. I'm sure you can imagine the emotions involved in our little family reunion :)

We're so blessed to have our little Ecuadorian home for nearly the entire week, so please excuse me if I'm a little MIA :) Enjoy your week, and enjoy your family!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...