Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fa Ra Ra..

countdown via anthropologie

Last year was my first Christmas with Michael's family. We drove down to Illinois in the morning, started the day with shots of whiskey, and each family proceeded to perform Christmas carols, complete with funny hats and instruments. All newcomers to the family must perform a song by themselves. It's like initiation into their crazy Polish family! Luckily Michael had warned me about this so I had a few weeks to decide on a performance. I was in choir and the school musicals throughout high school, so I contemplated singing a classic song like "Oh Holy Night." Given my sometimes awkward and nervous tendencies, I decided to go with a humorous route instead.

If you've seen the movie, A Christmas Story, please refer to their Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant when the staff dazzled them with Christmas carols...


Thankfully, their family is tons of fun and the song was a hit, and this year I can sit on the sidelines!
What are your family traditions? Do you take shots and sing like a goof!? I'd love to hear about it!

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...