Sunday, March 25, 2012

effects of the retrograde

I was told that Mercury went into retrograde yesterday, which apparently in the astrology world means that people do crazy and stupid things. I'm unfamiliar with this, but I'm going to take it in stride and use it as a crutch for my string of unfortunate events yesterday.

I drank a full cup of coffee which makes me absolutely batty. Like jumping out of my skin, can't stop talking, annoying myself and all around me, batty.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
Yes. That is me drinking coffee, thinking that my body can suddenly handle the on-pour of caffeine when it never has before.
No, Kerstin, No. It will send you to the hospital either from heart failure, or a loved one harming you out of sheer irritation.

I then proceeded to back my car into the side of Michael's garage. (Can I blame the caffeine shakes??) There is no sound worse than the unexpected crunch of your back bumper. Sorry, tail light, I really didn't mean to break you into a million pieces.

After a very productive day working on Michael's new house (more on that later), we had to rush downtown to get ready for a charity auction. After the 40 minute drive to my apartment, I reached in my purse to discover that my apartment keys were with my car keys...in the ignition of my now-battered car...in Michael's garage....40 minutes behind us.
"Uh...Mike..."
Luckily he has the patience of a monk (hah) and drove us all the way back to his house, and then all the way back downtown, and then waited 40 more minutes for me to shower and get ready so we could be 2 hours late to meet my family at the event. That's love, people!

So after a jam packed weekend, we were finally able to breathe and relax at 1:32 this afternoon, and for the past 7 hours our lives have looked like this:

please note that this cup represents tea. i'm trying to stop my patterns of "insanity"

all images via pinterest

Hope you all stayed clear of the effects of "Mercury in retrograde" and had a wonderful weekend :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...