Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Slow and Steady Grind

Last weekend Michael and I headed up to Green Bay.
13.1 for me, 26.2 for him.
The 30-40 mph wind was slightly less than motivating at the start....and throughout the rest of the race.
Yikes! Typically I'm smiling, haha, but this race was a definite exception. Michael's family is very persuasive and encouraging - I joined them this weekend only planning to spectate and cheer. But over dinner and a beer I found myself accepting a registration packet, and the next morning I showed up at the start. Smart idea? Maybe not.
But I ran with Michael's dad, and slow and steady I made my way through the 13 miles and into the (not-so) Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field! Go Pack Go :)
Through constant prayer I chugged along, often at the same speed as those walking around me. But on a crazy windy day and without any training, I completed this half marathon for the 3rd year in a row.
The human body and mind continue to amaze me, but I know that it was my constant prayer that carried me through, PTL! I was so happy to have completed it, and was still able to cheer on Michael for his last few miles!

Here's to opening the season with a bang!

Ps. I'm sorry if this posted more than once! I kept getting interrupted while blogging and as I would try to press Save, my hand would spasm and I would press Post instead - oops!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...