Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dramatic in the face of transition

I've been employed now for nearly an entire week...which makes me a seasoned professional, obviously. And I must say that I can't believe it's already Thursday, let alone December! I look back on my week and all I recall is making my lunch (funny and slightly reassuring how that childhood fear of forgetting your lunch comes back to you age 22), finding something to wear and going to work. Working. It takes over your life! I honestly thought that once I joined the schedule and routine of the "real world," I would have all kinds of time to work out, read, blog and do all kinds of other activities. Even cook a real dinner! I now realize that is just dumb.

I get home from work and I am lost of all motivation. By the time get I home and get settled, there are only a few hours before I have to rest and repeat the whole thing! Dinner? I have to make that? Tomorrow's outfit? What happened to sweatpants in college? And packing a lunch!? Am I 5?! And that is just the daily routine, what about the rest of your LIFE?!
My parents find this all hilarious. "Wait until you have kids!" ...Seriously world, how do we do it?! No wonder Starbucks is on every corner, how else could society operate without coffee!?
Needless to say, entering the workforce has been an entertaining transition, and I now have much more respect for every person on this planet that maintains a life in addition to a career. I'm obviously being dramatic, but I have a lot to learn!

Photo titled "Life in Balance," ...teach me how!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...