Tuesday, April 3, 2012

the bust

I believe it was these two images that first attracted me to the french bust.
In fact I was so drawn to them that it almost made me uncomfortable! Mainly because
1) its a human statue staring back at me, which I found horrifying as a child.
2) I associated them with snobbish foreign people.
3) I had no idea what to call them!


Then this scene was the clincher.

Now I'm just plain hooked. and thanks to Pinterest, where I found this photo, I finally know what these human statues are called!

Now I'm just waiting for the day that I can place one of my own!

Would you own a bust? Where can I find a quality statue that won't break my budget?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the summer antique fairs ahead!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...